Friday, November 11, 2011

Like a guest in my own home

I was busy this week with clients at the National Association of Farm Broadcasting's annual conference. Even though it's in Kansas City, it means working late nights and early mornings, so I stayed at the conference hotel. I kinda felt like a guest in my own home.

The KC skyline from my hotel room.

Union Station at dusk, which my Grandpa went through in the 1940s, on his way to Europe for World War II.

Moon. Roof.

Since the lights weren't working on the last two letters, does that make it "Western Gold?"

With clients in our Trade Talk booth.

And a shot I took of them with Miss America, a fellow Nebraskan. (Go Huskers!)

Lastly, I sat in on an hour-long news conference with Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack. It was immediately after he had just announced an all-time record for annual U.S. agricultural exports.

No comments: