Thursday, August 6, 2009

Civics lesson 092

I recently contested a speeding ticket (these days, I have more time than money) and Jackson went downtown to the government district with me to municipal court.

So that morning, I told Jack that he needed to look nice and I set out a pair of khaki shorts and a white polo shirt for him to put on. He soon came downstairs wearing the khaki shorts, white polo ... and a clip-on tie.

When Jack saw this statue of Abraham Lincoln and his son Tad in front of City Hall, all he could come up with was "That's the No. 2 guy! Who lived in a log cabin!"

Several days later, when we were talking about heaven, Jack said he's looking forward to seeing Grandpa Lowell, Aunt Cindy ... and Tad.

2 comments:

cici ninny said...

well.........did you get out of the speeding ticket? I'm anxious to see 'Grandpa Lowell' too! LuvYa!

Neil said...

My trial has been "continued" twice. Once for the judge to research exactly where the Kansas City city boundary is and then for me to be able to question the officer further. Wish me luck!