Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wild West Block Party

For our third-annual block party, we went with a country/western theme this year. I knew that old barbed wire and cattle skull would come in handy sometime. (The denim bedspread is one my mom made for me when I was five years old.)

Synjin definitely won first place in the costume contest. They're tough to see, but his metal spurs are from his dad when Mike was a kid!

Right at 4 o'clock, the fire truck showed up again. They don't disappoint.

Click on this picture to enlarge it, and you can really see how much fun Jack was having. Probably because he was spraying me.


Yes, that's Jack on the left in the street.

Andy called this the "micro-derm abrasion" mode.

This looks like a scene from "Backdraft."

The firemen are always so nice about letting the kids explore the firetruck.

Typical Saturday afternoon ... just laying in the street, makin' a dam.

Then it was time for the Slip 'n' Slide!


The boys tried to touch Andy's hands, before they went through his legs.


Synjin's splashdown.

I love the drip on Jack's chin.

Everything else is a blur.

Slip 'n' Slide. It's not just for kids, anymore.

"Daddy's my hero."

In the garage, Landon's just one of the guys.

Plenty of fluids for the kiddos.

Pensive.

Next up: bike parade.

And they're off—

"Wait for me!"

The girl next door.


Cowgirls.

Mom/dot.



Yankee Doodle sweethearts.



Jackson's oblivious.


What a doll.

I don't know what they're saying, but it looks like Andy just had to tell Braden the harsh realities of life.

The sun sets on suburbia.




No comments: