Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Winter wonderland

Kansas City set a record for the biggest Christmas Day snowfall ever (and our first six-inch snowstorm in more than four years). On top of that, it was a true blizzard with 40 to 50 mile-per-hour winds.

This drift on our deck came up to my knee.

But it didn't take long before we bundled up and went out in it.

I figured it was better for us to slide down the street, than for cars to.

Heading back up the hill, to do it again!

Jack loves to throw snowballs at me. So, obviously, big chunks of snow are even better.

Digging a tunnel.

Just one of the many cool snow formations and peaks.

Heading up our deck stairs...

...to my biggest fan.

It's pretty amazing what the wind and snow can do.

After awhile, I headed down to the creek behind our house.

Then over to the pond. "Three geese a-laying..."

Brrr!

No comments: