Friday, March 7, 2014

Choose Your Own Adventure Day

Our school district had another day off school, so I offered to watch Jack and Synjin for the day (out of the first 82 days of this year, they've gone to school LESS THAN HALF of them). There were a variety of things we could have done, but I really didn't want to decide for them; however, I also didn't want to leave it entirely up to them.

The solution? I created "Choose Your Own Adventure Day." I wrote about 20 possible options on slips of paper, put them in a hat and let the boys draw. Whatever they pulled out, that's what we did next. Here's how our day unfolded:

1. Return our books to the Woodneath Library.
2. Go to the zoo.

3. Sing "I'm a Little Teapot."


4. Go to the observatory on the 29th floor of City Hall.

5. Get ice cream.

Some of the ones the boys didn't pick were:

  • Buy some food from a food truck (or a Girl Scout).
  • Go up to a stranger from out of town and say, "Welcome to Kansas City!"
  • Get Jack's hair cut.
  • Visit Indigo Wild.
  • Tour the West Bottoms.
  • Go to the College Basketball Experience.
  • No comments: