Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A walk in the...woods?

About 8½ years ago, Leslie and I bought 10 acres just outside of Kansas City that we planted a windbreak on. She and the boys have been out of town for a few days, so I went up there last night to check on the trees.

















I just looked at one of the plant tags from when we bought all 68 saplings, which shows they were in little three-gallon pots and 18 inches tall.

Now, most of them are taller than me!
























But since I was by myself, you don't get the benefit of someone standing next to them for perspective.














Even at 8 p.m., the official temperature was still 96 degrees.
Surprisingly, this picture makes everything look pretty green.
Our future forest.
And my parting shot. Goodnight moon.

No comments: